Today the Father was reminding me He is true to His word. All of us have had those days where we just need to be reminded… well today is that day for me. I just finished reading a book on Sarai/Sarah and recognizing the YEARS that passed between His promise to Abraham and the fulfillment of that promise can be both discouraging and encouraging at the same time! LOL 🙂
Discouraging because let’s face it none of us likes to wait. Yet encouraging because it doesn’t matter how hopeless things look (Sarah wasn’t just barren, she was in menopause!), He is still GOD, still sovereign, still fully able to do all He promises.
Here’s some verses that encourage me in moments my faith is waning. I’ve added emphasis on my favorite parts:
- Jeremiah 1:12 (ESV) Then the Lord said to me, “You have seen well, for I am watching over my word to perform it.”
- Numbers 23:19 (ESV) God is not man, that he should lie, or a son of man, that he should change his mind. Has he said, and will he not do it? Or has he spoken, and will he not fulfill it?
- 1 Thessalonians 5:24 (ESV) He who calls you is faithful; He will surely do it
- Deuteronomy 7:9 (ESV) Know therefore that the Lord your God is God, the faithful God who keeps covenant and steadfast love with those who love him and keep his commandments, to a thousand generations,
- 2 Thessalonians 3:3 (ESV) But the Lord is faithful. He will establish you and guard you against the evil one.
- Joshua 21:43-45 (ESV) Thus the Lord gave to Israel all the land that he swore to give to their fathers. And they took possession of it, and they settled there. And the Lord gave them rest on every side just as he had sworn to their fathers. Not one of all their enemies had withstood them, for the Lord had given all their enemies into their hands. Not one word of all the good promises that the Lord had made to the house of Israel had failed; all came to pass.
So let me encourage you (even as I encourage myself) persist in faith! The One who has promised you IS faithful. And as we stand in faith, we declare to the world He is worthy of it… conversely, if we don’t we’re saying with our actions He isn’t :/ (more on that topic)
Father thank You that You are wholly trustworthy, One who is completely deserving of our faith. Thank You that as we trust in You, You will not put us to shame. Thank You that if we are off base, You will correct us – You chasten those You love! So we can rest completely in Your hand and Your direction. Be glorified through our lives and through our walks…